Most Active Stories
- NC State Student Uncovered Neck Bone Of Biggest Dinosaur Ever
- NC Photographer Uses Pinup Photos As A Way For Women To Appreciate Their Bodies
- George Hamilton IV: 1937-2014. Five Songs That Made Him Famous
- 'Breathtaking' Images Discovered Of A 1950s Shoeshine Competition In North Carolina
- Scholars Gather Saturday To Share Little-Known NC Stories
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Mon August 19, 2013
New York Tech And Finance Firm Eyes Triangle Talent For Expansion
North Carolina's technology and finance industry is attracting a Wall Street firm to the Triangle.
The company Ipreo says it plans to hire 250 employees at an office in Raleigh by 2017. Ipreo got nearly $4 million in incentives from the state in exchange for meeting hiring and investment goals in North Carolina.
Ipreo president and COO Kevin Marcus says the growing firm wants to recruit analysts from nearby universities.
"We want to be able to attract talent and have a steady stream available to us," Marcus says.
"So we narrowed in on the Raleigh-Durham area in large part because of the strength of the university system, the secondary school system, as well as the quality of life."
Marcus says Ipreo has increased revenue over the past several years. He would not say how much the private firm is worth.
Ipreo is renovating a permanent space in downtown Raleigh and hopes to complete the work by Labor Day.