Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue October 30, 2012
New York Stock Exchange To Reopen Wednesday
The New York Stock Exchange will reopen for regular trading Wednesday after being shut down for two days because of Hurricane Sandy.
The exchange said in a statement Tuesday that its building and trading floor are fully operational.
Tuesday marks the first time since 1888 that the NYSE remained closed for two consecutive days due to weather. The last time was due to a massive snow storm.
Sections of Manhattan were inundated with water and power was shut off to thousands of people and businesses.
Global markets rebounded Tuesday, though trading was subdued in the wake of the storm.