Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue October 30, 2012
New York Stock Exchange To Reopen Wednesday
The New York Stock Exchange will reopen for regular trading Wednesday after being shut down for two days because of Hurricane Sandy.
The exchange said in a statement Tuesday that its building and trading floor are fully operational.
Tuesday marks the first time since 1888 that the NYSE remained closed for two consecutive days due to weather. The last time was due to a massive snow storm.
Sections of Manhattan were inundated with water and power was shut off to thousands of people and businesses.
Global markets rebounded Tuesday, though trading was subdued in the wake of the storm.