Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu January 2, 2014
A New Year's Laugh Is Good For The Soul
We all like a good chuckle, but what if laughing was actually good for more than entertainment?
Research from North Carolina State University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill indicates that laughter may be good for far more. In honor of that, here are some great comedy acts to laugh at. You can hear the State of Things show on the topic of humor here.
Warning: Videos below may contain strong language or content.
Asiz Ansari is one of the stars of TV's Parks & Rec, and a hilarious comedian. Check him out in his special: "Dangerously Delicious."
Eddie Murphy is one of the originals. Check out his classic comedy in this video of "Delirious."
Louis CK is one of the hottest stars in comedy right now. Here he is Live at the Beacon Theater.
Kathy Griffin is known for her frenemy status with Anderson Cooper. Here is one of her full stand-up specials: "Record Breaker"
Joan Rivers is best known for her snarky humor on the Red Carpet, but she is a powerful stand-up comedian in her own right.