Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Thu May 3, 2012
New Witnesses Testify In Edwards Trial
At the John Edwards trial the pace of testimony has picked up.
Jeff Tiberii: Testimony on Wednesday was at times emotional as four different witnesses took the stand. Cate Edwards left the court in tears when a line of questions about her late mother came up. Moments later former staffer Christina Reynolds testified about a distraught Elizabeth Edwards in 2007. After finding out about her husband's continued infidelity Reynolds testified that the late Elizabeth was hysterical a private airplane hangar. Former aide Josh Brumberger took the stand for several hours. He recounted the 2006 night when John Edwards and Rielle Hunter met at the Regency Hotel in New York City. Brumberger later recalled raising concerns about Hunter's role on the campaign and her relationship with Edwards. Brumberger was ultimately fired. Cheri Young and former aide Matthew Nelson also testified yesterday. Nelson begins the morning on the stand.