Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Thu May 3, 2012
New Witnesses Testify In Edwards Trial
At the John Edwards trial the pace of testimony has picked up.
Jeff Tiberii: Testimony on Wednesday was at times emotional as four different witnesses took the stand. Cate Edwards left the court in tears when a line of questions about her late mother came up. Moments later former staffer Christina Reynolds testified about a distraught Elizabeth Edwards in 2007. After finding out about her husband's continued infidelity Reynolds testified that the late Elizabeth was hysterical a private airplane hangar. Former aide Josh Brumberger took the stand for several hours. He recounted the 2006 night when John Edwards and Rielle Hunter met at the Regency Hotel in New York City. Brumberger later recalled raising concerns about Hunter's role on the campaign and her relationship with Edwards. Brumberger was ultimately fired. Cheri Young and former aide Matthew Nelson also testified yesterday. Nelson begins the morning on the stand.