Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- National Geographic Report, 'Rising Seas: Will The Outer Banks Survive?'
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed August 10, 2011
New Hotline Aims to Help Consumers With Health Insurance Questions
A new state hotline aims to help consumers who have questions about their health insurance.
The Health Insurance Smart N-C program offers specialized counseling for North Carolinians who need help navigating what can seem like a maze of options to stay healthy. Kerry Hall is a spokesperson for the state Department of Insurance.
Kerry Hall: "Health Insurance Smart NC is made up of a staff of specialists who can help you if you have questions about health insurance or if you want to file a claim against your health insurer. "
Hall says caseworkers can help residents who've had a claim denied. There's an external review process that caseworkers can follow to try to get the denial overturned. The program officially started earlier this week - Hall says it has already helped about 600 residents.