Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed December 4, 2013
New Bombs Pose New Threat
Originally published on Tue December 17, 2013 11:04 am
With top U.S. lawmakers warning of new terrorism threats, intelligence officials in the U.K. say there remains an enduring threat from bombs made by terrorists in Yemen.
The threat comes from the type of bomb that failed to explode on a plane over Detroit in 2009 — the so-called underwear bomber.
The BBC’s security correspondent Frank Gardner reports.