Most Active Stories
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results In North Carolina
- Public Safety Officials: NC Prison Officers Are Getting More Threats From Prison Gangs
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- 'The Last Barn Dance:' Innovation At A North Carolina Dairy Farm
- Teen Author Explores An Alternate Reality
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri March 1, 2013
Neoclassical Metal Turns Symphony Upside Down
Front man Michael Seebold describes his band, Darker Shades of Symphony, as neoclassical metal. If you’ve never heard of that genre, you’re probably not alone.
Its influences are eclectic, to say the least.The band takes its cues from the music of Tchaikovsky, Andrew Lloyd Webber, and Disturbed, to name a few. Host Frank Stasio talks to the band in the studio, and they perform live.