Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed January 16, 2013
NC State Student Rushes Court in Wheelchair, Featured on "Today" Show
An N.C. State student is a local celebrity after he stormed the basketball court in his wheelchair when the Wolfpack beat top-ranked Duke last weekend. Senior Will Privette was one of the first students on the court Saturday. Privette says he was thrown to the ground when the crowd converged. But he continued celebrating after Wolfpack forward C.J. Leslie cleared the crowd and picked him up. Leslie joined Privette on NBC's "Today" show Tuesday morning.
CJ Leslie: "I was originally just going to put him back in his chair, but when he got in my arms he started cheering, so I was like, 'Wow,' so I just kept cheering with him. It was a good three or four minutes where he was just in my arms and we started cheering together. I know we cheered for at least three or four minutes, but after that I had to put him down because my arms were getting tired."
Privette has been interviewed for TV or radio appearances 17 times since the game.