Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Sun November 25, 2012
NC State Fires Football Coach
NC State has fired its head football coach. Tom O’Brien won 40 games and lost 35 in six seasons leading the Wolfpack In a press conference last night, Director of Athletics Debbie Yow said one of the factors was the loss of revenue from football.
Debbie Yow: "We’ve lost over a thousand season ticket holders in the last six years and $1.4 million. I have to say that matters some in terms of direction and support for the program."
NC State is contractually required to pay O’Brien $1.2 million dollars over the next four years.