Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed July 20, 2011
NC State Basketball Looks To Future
It’s been a difficult off-season for fans of NC State’s men’s basketball team. Alumnus Sidney Lowe was forced to resign as head coach in March. And last month, another former star, Lorenzo Charles, died in a bus accident.
On the court, the Wolfpack is trying to find its way under a new head coach. Mark Gottfried says he’s taking the team’s rebuilding effort one step at a time.
Mark Gottfried: "I think that we should be viewed, in my opinion as honestly as I can, a team that’s up in the air. Who knows what we can do? I don’t think this team should be bad. We shouldn’t be a terrible team, I do know that. But I don’t know that we can get real good that quick or not this year. We’ll see."
Gottfried addressed the media at a press conference yesterday. NC State hasn’t won the ACC since 1987. Duke and North Carolina have combined to win 14 of the last 15 ACC titles.