Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed July 20, 2011
NC State Basketball Looks To Future
It’s been a difficult off-season for fans of NC State’s men’s basketball team. Alumnus Sidney Lowe was forced to resign as head coach in March. And last month, another former star, Lorenzo Charles, died in a bus accident.
On the court, the Wolfpack is trying to find its way under a new head coach. Mark Gottfried says he’s taking the team’s rebuilding effort one step at a time.
Mark Gottfried: "I think that we should be viewed, in my opinion as honestly as I can, a team that’s up in the air. Who knows what we can do? I don’t think this team should be bad. We shouldn’t be a terrible team, I do know that. But I don’t know that we can get real good that quick or not this year. We’ll see."
Gottfried addressed the media at a press conference yesterday. NC State hasn’t won the ACC since 1987. Duke and North Carolina have combined to win 14 of the last 15 ACC titles.