Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Tue August 28, 2012
NC Congressional Candidates Speak At RNC
Republican candidates for three contested congressional seats in North Carolina addressed the Republican convention in Tampa earlier today. David Rouzer, who's challenging Democratic Representative Mike McIntyre of the 7th district, spoke, as did Mark Meadows, who's running against Hayden Rogers in Western North Carolina. Richard Hudson is challenging Democratic Congressman Larry Kissell of the 8th District.
Richard Hudson: This election is about real people. People who're suffering under the policies of President Barack Obama and his friends like Congressman Larry Kissell. It's about the woman in Thomasville, North Carolina, who told me she had to support two men at home. Her husband, who was laid off recently, and her son who just graduated from college and can't find a job.
Each candidate was given two minutes to speak before a mostly empty arena, enough time to criticize the Democratic president and announce support for Republican Mitt Romney.