Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed March 20, 2013
NC A&T Celebrates First NCAA Tournament Victory
North Carolina A&T has its first ever NCAA Tournament victory. The Aggies narrowly defeated Liberty University, 73-72, last night to advance. A last-second shot by Liberty missed as time expired to preserve the A&T win.
Before last night, the Aggies had never won in nine trips to the tournament. Head coach Cy Alexander said his team didn't fold under pressure.
"I thought our young men showed a lot of resilience because Liberty didn't back down and we would go up a little bit and they would keep coming back," Alexander said.
"And I thought our defense again got a couple of turnovers for us and allowed us several breakaway opportunities."
Jeremy Underwood led the Aggies in scoring with 19 points. North Carolina A&T will now travel to Lexington, Kentucky to take on the Midwest Region's top-seeded Louisville.