Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- Charlotte, NC: Take A Virtual Ride On The World's Tallest, Fastest Giga Rollercoaster (Video)
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue March 11, 2014
NC Author Explores the Hidden Story Behind Lee Morgan's Killer
In 1972, jazz trumpeter Lee Morgan was fatally shot in a New York City club where he had performed. The killer of the 33 year-old? His common-law wife Helen Morgan. After the incident, she disappeared from the public eye and little else was known about her until recently.
Jazz radio announcer Larry Thomas had a chance encounter with her in a class at Shaw University and just a month before her death, she granted him an interview. Host Frank Stasio talks with Thomas about his book The Lady Who Shot Lee Morgan (UBUS Communications /2014).