Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Legislators Are Changing State Environmental Policy
- VIDEO: Colbert Claims To Be A Tar Heel After Sister Loses SC Congressional Race
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri December 14, 2012
My Heart is an Idiot
Davy Rothbart's new book, "My Heart is an Idiot" (Farrar, Straus and Giroux/2012), chronicles a decade of his own life and adventures. Rothbart writes as though every stranger could be a new friend, every girl he meets may be his next love and the open road stretches on for miles.
For the past 10 years, Rothbart has been publishing Found magazine, where he prints strangers’ love notes, homework, to-do lists and doodles. He joins host Frank Stasio to share a book of his own private thoughts and experiences.