Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri December 14, 2012
My Heart is an Idiot
Davy Rothbart's new book, "My Heart is an Idiot" (Farrar, Straus and Giroux/2012), chronicles a decade of his own life and adventures. Rothbart writes as though every stranger could be a new friend, every girl he meets may be his next love and the open road stretches on for miles.
For the past 10 years, Rothbart has been publishing Found magazine, where he prints strangers’ love notes, homework, to-do lists and doodles. He joins host Frank Stasio to share a book of his own private thoughts and experiences.