Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri September 20, 2013
Musical Doctors Raise Awareness Of Gynecological Cancers
While the pink ribbons of breast cancer garner considerable public attention, other, more deadly cancers affecting women fall far from the spotlight.
Ovarian, cervical and uterine cancers are common, but difficult to detect and cure. A group of gynecological oncologists is trying to raise awareness of these diseases. They’ve called themselves N.E.D., for “No Evidence of Disease”, the words that all cancer patients want to hear. They’re playing at the North Carolina Art Museum tomorrow, but first, host Frank Stasio talks to them and they play live in the studio.