Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri September 20, 2013
Musical Doctors Raise Awareness Of Gynecological Cancers
While the pink ribbons of breast cancer garner considerable public attention, other, more deadly cancers affecting women fall far from the spotlight.
Ovarian, cervical and uterine cancers are common, but difficult to detect and cure. A group of gynecological oncologists is trying to raise awareness of these diseases. They’ve called themselves N.E.D., for “No Evidence of Disease”, the words that all cancer patients want to hear. They’re playing at the North Carolina Art Museum tomorrow, but first, host Frank Stasio talks to them and they play live in the studio.