Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri September 20, 2013
Musical Doctors Raise Awareness Of Gynecological Cancers
While the pink ribbons of breast cancer garner considerable public attention, other, more deadly cancers affecting women fall far from the spotlight.
Ovarian, cervical and uterine cancers are common, but difficult to detect and cure. A group of gynecological oncologists is trying to raise awareness of these diseases. They’ve called themselves N.E.D., for “No Evidence of Disease”, the words that all cancer patients want to hear. They’re playing at the North Carolina Art Museum tomorrow, but first, host Frank Stasio talks to them and they play live in the studio.