Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue October 9, 2012
At the Mouth of the River of Bees
For Kij Johnson, writing was always a hobby. It was a fairly successful one, she’s published novels and short stories, and won numerous awards.
But it wasn’t until she got a job this year at the University of Kansas teaching fiction writing that writing truly became her full-time profession. She has a new collection of short stories out called, “At the Mouth of the River of Bees” (Small Beer Press/2012). She joins host Frank Stasio in the studio to talk about the collection.