Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Legislators Are Changing State Environmental Policy
- VIDEO: Colbert Claims To Be A Tar Heel After Sister Loses SC Congressional Race
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue October 9, 2012
At the Mouth of the River of Bees
For Kij Johnson, writing was always a hobby. It was a fairly successful one, she’s published novels and short stories, and won numerous awards.
But it wasn’t until she got a job this year at the University of Kansas teaching fiction writing that writing truly became her full-time profession. She has a new collection of short stories out called, “At the Mouth of the River of Bees” (Small Beer Press/2012). She joins host Frank Stasio in the studio to talk about the collection.