Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed November 20, 2013
Monty Python To Reunite For Stage Show
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. The rumors are true. Terry Jones confirmed to the BBC that Monty Python will reunite for a stage show. It's been more than three decades since the last proper Python project. The group is beloved on both sides of the Atlantic for its surreal sense of humor, with a touch of slapstick.
(SOUNDBITE OF FILM, "MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL")
GRAHAM CHAPMAN: (as King Arthur) Now, stand aside, worthy adversary.
JOHN CLEESE: (as the Black Knight) 'Tis but a scratch.
CHAPMAN: (as King Arthur) A scratch? Your arm's off.
CLEESE: (as the Black Knight) No, it isn't.
MONTAGNE: Ha! It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.