Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue September 10, 2013
From The Military Base To The Marshlands: A Soldier Returns to Iraq
Carina Roselli faced enemy fire in Iraq while flying helicopters to move soldiers and cargo between bases. She never stepped foot in the rest of the country – until this summer when she returned as a civilian environmental worker and found herself having candid and surprising conversations with Iraqis about violence in their country.
Also in this show: In 1948, 28 Mexican citizens being flown by the U.S. to their native country perished in a plane crash in California. Woody Guthrie protested their anonymity, and decades later historian Tim Hernandez set out to find their names.