Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Wed August 1, 2012
Michelle Obama Campaigns In North Carolina
First Lady Michelle Obama is at a campaign fundraiser in Raleigh this afternoon. Earlier today she made a stop in Greensboro.
Jeff Tiberii: Speaking in front of nearly 23-hundred, mostly standing, people at UNC-Greensboro, the First Lady urged Triad voters to give a few hours of their time this month. The “It Takes One” effort was announced last week as the campaign tries to mobilize voters for November’s election. Obama also told the audience how they can respond when others ask what President Obama has done since he took office.
Michelle Obama: I want you to tell them how many jobs he created, tell them how much money he’s put back in the pockets of American people. You can tell them that more of our kids can afford college, more seniors can afford medicine, remind folks how Barack ended the war in Iraq, passed historical health reform.
The First Lady is scheduled to speak during the opening night of the Democratic Convention on September 4th in Charlotte.