Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- VIDEO: Colbert Claims To Be A Tar Heel After Sister Loses SC Congressional Race
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Mon October 22, 2012
Meet Luke Powery
Luke Powery’s father was a minister, but Powery wanted to go a different route.
He considered pursuing computer programming, but ruled it out after one of his first classes. Eventually, his father’s calling came for him, and he didn’t resist. This fall, Rev. Luke Powery became the first black dean of Duke Chapel. He joins host Frank Stasio to discuss his career and preaching suffering in the light of hope.