Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Mon August 15, 2011
Meet Kelley Katzenmeyer
Filmmaker Kelley Katzenmeyer, a recent graduate of the University of North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem, deferred her admission to Columbia University to study abroad in Seoul, South Korea last year. She took her camera and immediately went to work documenting the rigorous Korean education system. Katzenmeyer planned to make a film about the pressures placed on Korean students to succeed, but she discovered that the pressure of attaining cosmetic beauty rivals academics. The forthcoming film is Katzenmeyer’s first documentary project.