Most Active Stories
- Raleigh Viral Video: 'Xmas Jammies' Close To 11 Million Youtube Views
- DOT Secretary And SELC Director Debate Bonner Bridge
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- The Case Against Multivitamins Grows Stronger
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Mon August 20, 2012
Meet Jon Powell
Growing up in Garner, Jon Powell stayed out of trouble. His first encounter with the criminal justice system was as an attorney representing kids. The same kids, over and over again. After a while, his faith in the juvenile justice system to rehabilitate offenders was so low he turned to his religious faith to find a new path.
The result is the Juvenile Justice Project at Campbell Law School. Jon Powell runs it and uses a restorative justice model to keep kids out of the criminal justice system, and he hopes, out of his office forever. Jon Powell joins host Frank Stasio in the studio today to discuss his life and his work.