Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Mon June 25, 2012
Meet Eric Wilson
Eric Wilson is interested in visionaries like William Blake, the human obsession with calamity and romance literature. It’s a radical departure for the young man who grew up aspiring to become a pro quarterback during his childhood in Taylorsville, North Carolina.
Wilson abandoned his small-town roots for a life of intellectual pursuit, and along the way battled personal demons, including bipolar disorder, to become the prolific writer and professor he is today. Host Frank Stasio talks to Eric Wilson, Thomas H. Pritchard Professor of English at Wake Forest University, about his transformation from small-town jock to intellectual.