Most Active Stories
- North Carolina Teachers Learn About Undocumented Immigrants Through Remarkable Story
- Teens Help Turn Abandoned North Carolina Prisons Into Farms
- LISTEN: How A Refrigerator Gets Into A Manhole, And Other Raleigh Sewage Secrets
- Global Warming Skeptic Fills Science Seat On Coal Ash Commission In North Carolina
- Take A 3D Virtual Tour Of Proposed Light Rail From Durham To Chapel Hill
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Mon September 26, 2011
Meet Dr. Jeffrey Brantley
The key to greater peace and health is as simple as "mindfulness" — the act of paying attention on purpose. However, practicing mindfulness isn't as simple or as easy as it sounds. Dr. Jeffrey Brantley helps patients find their way to mindful living and a stronger connection between their minds and their bodies. He is the director of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program at Duke Integrative Medicine. He is the author of a number of books on mindful living, including "Calming Your Anxious Mind: How Mindfulness and Compassion Can Free You From Anxiety, Fear, and Panic" (New Harbinger Publications/2007) and, with co-author Wendy Millstine, the "Five Good Minutes" series (New Harbinger Publications), which offers bite-size mindfulness exercises to meet the needs of busy people. Host Frank Stasio talks with Dr. Brantley about his life and work.
This program originally aired on June 6, 2011. For a link to the audio, click here.