Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Mon September 19, 2011
Meet Doug Rader
Doug Rader's family has lived in North Carolina's mountains for centuries, but as a child it was the coast that fascinated him. As he combed the tidal swamps for wildlife, he knew he wanted to spend his life studying and protecting the state's aquatic ecosystems. Now he's chief oceans scientist for the Environmental Defense Fund, and he's gained a reputation for finding consensus among fishermen, environmentalists and regulators.