Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Mon September 19, 2011
Meet Doug Rader
Doug Rader's family has lived in North Carolina's mountains for centuries, but as a child it was the coast that fascinated him. As he combed the tidal swamps for wildlife, he knew he wanted to spend his life studying and protecting the state's aquatic ecosystems. Now he's chief oceans scientist for the Environmental Defense Fund, and he's gained a reputation for finding consensus among fishermen, environmentalists and regulators.