Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Wed October 31, 2012
McCrory Continues To Lead Dalton In Fundraising
Republican Gubernatorial candidate Pat McCrory continues to lead Democrat Walter Dalton in the polls and campaign fundraising.
Democrat Walter Dalton raised $1.4 million during the third quarter of this year. In total the Lt. Governor has raised $3.9 million in his bid to become the state’s Chief Executive. However, that total amounts to only about one third of the contributions Republican Pat McCrory has received. The former seven-term Charlotte Mayor raised $5 million during the past three months, totaling $11.6 million during this campaign. Meanwhile in legislative races, GOP fundraising totals have been aided by high ranking Republicans Thom Tillis and Phil Berger. The House Speaker and Senate Leader have each given more than one million dollars to the State Republican Party.