Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Mon July 9, 2012
McCrory Campaign Raises $2.2 M In 2nd Quarter
Republican Pat McCrory's gubernatorial campaign reported its campaign funding for the second quarter today. His campaign committee announced it had raised over 2.2 million dollars during the second quarter of 2012. Brian Nick is a spokesman for the McCrory campaign.
Brian Nick: What some people may not know is he was vastly outspent in the 2008 election by Governor Perdue. And so to have the kind of resources on hand in this election to be able to get his message out is a very important thing so he isn't massively outspent like he was last time.
The campaign now has nearly 4.4 million dollars of cash on hand. A spokesman for Democratic gubernatorial candidate Walter Dalton says that campaign will release its fundraising numbers in a day or two. Candidates have until Wednesday to turn in their reports to the State Board of Elections.