Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Thu November 8, 2012
McCrory Begins Transition
Republican Governor Elect Pat McCrory is in Raleigh today beginning the transition to becoming North Carolina's 74th Governor.
Jeff Tiberii: McCrory could meet with current governor Bev Perdue as early as today. He lost to the democrat four years ago, but won his second gubernatorial bid Tuesday by defeating democrat Walter Dalton. McCrory has spoken with Perdue and says he will use her as a resource in the transition. He's also expected to outline some policy initiatives and name his transition staff. He spoke yesterday in Charlotte about getting right to work.
Pat McCrory: There is no one right now who has been promised a job in my administration during this campaign and there has been no area in the state, included this area that has been promised any more attention than any other area.
McCrory will keep a home in Charlotte. He'll have the benefit of a republican majority in both chambers of the General Assembly when he takes office. He says he's in the process of reaching out to leaders from both parties.