Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Thu December 20, 2012
McCrory Appoints Three More To Cabinet
Governor-elect Pat McCrory has announced three more additions to his cabinet. McCrory said this morning he will appoint Winston-Salem businessman Lyons Gray to serve as his Secretary of Revenue. Former Salisbury mayor Susan Kluttz will be McCrory's Secretary of Cultural Resources. And Raleigh defense attorney Kieran Shanahan will be Secretary of Public Safety. McCrory says he has three more cabinet positions to fill before his inauguration next month.
Pat McCrory: "We are continuing to look for talented individuals to join our team who can run the government in the best way possible, and with today's announcements, I am certain that we have again met that very high benchmark. And I'm excited that they've all agreed to be a part of our team."
McCrory also filled other jobs in the governor's office, including the appointment of wealthy Republican donor and former legislator Art Pope as Deputy Budget Director.