Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Thu December 20, 2012
McCrory Appoints Three More To Cabinet
Governor-elect Pat McCrory has announced three more additions to his cabinet. McCrory said this morning he will appoint Winston-Salem businessman Lyons Gray to serve as his Secretary of Revenue. Former Salisbury mayor Susan Kluttz will be McCrory's Secretary of Cultural Resources. And Raleigh defense attorney Kieran Shanahan will be Secretary of Public Safety. McCrory says he has three more cabinet positions to fill before his inauguration next month.
Pat McCrory: "We are continuing to look for talented individuals to join our team who can run the government in the best way possible, and with today's announcements, I am certain that we have again met that very high benchmark. And I'm excited that they've all agreed to be a part of our team."
McCrory also filled other jobs in the governor's office, including the appointment of wealthy Republican donor and former legislator Art Pope as Deputy Budget Director.