Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Fri August 19, 2011
Marketing in the New Retail Industry
Marketing professionals are helping launch a program at Wake Forest University designed to explore new ways to appeal to consumers. The school says it's partnering with marketing companies to teach students how the retail industry is changing. The project's executive director Roger Beahm says online purchases are increasing, which changes the way manufacturers have to present their products.
Roger Beahm: "One of the challenges is to give students hands-on experience with data so that they can understand what it's going to be like once they get out of the classroom. Ultimately, of course, it's all about coming up with the big ideas that will drive the economy and will help industry."
The project kicks off with the Business School's annual marketing summit in February.
Science & Technology
Arts & Culture