Most Active Stories
- Viral Video: 'XMas Jammies' Features WNCN Anchor Penn Holderness And His Family
- DOT Secretary And SELC Director Debate Bonner Bridge
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- The Case Against Multivitamins Grows Stronger
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Fri August 19, 2011
Marketing in the New Retail Industry
Marketing professionals are helping launch a program at Wake Forest University designed to explore new ways to appeal to consumers. The school says it's partnering with marketing companies to teach students how the retail industry is changing. The project's executive director Roger Beahm says online purchases are increasing, which changes the way manufacturers have to present their products.
Roger Beahm: "One of the challenges is to give students hands-on experience with data so that they can understand what it's going to be like once they get out of the classroom. Ultimately, of course, it's all about coming up with the big ideas that will drive the economy and will help industry."
The project kicks off with the Business School's annual marketing summit in February.
Science & Technology
Arts & Culture