Most Active Stories
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results In North Carolina
- Public Safety Officials: NC Prison Officers Are Getting More Threats From Prison Gangs
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- 'The Last Barn Dance:' Innovation At A North Carolina Dairy Farm
- Teen Author Explores An Alternate Reality
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue March 19, 2013
March Madness Alternative: A Public Radio Bracket
You don’t have to be a basketball fan to participate in this March Madness bracket, just a public radio listener. Southern California public radio station KPCC has created an alternative competition pitting 32 public radio shows against one another. Listeners can vote for their favorites on their website.
In the first round, they've matched The Story against the BBC Newshour, All Things Considered against On The Media, and Morning Edition against Science Friday. The 16 shows which receive more votes than their opponents will advance to the next round. Some radio shows have already started getting competitive on Twitter. Among them is WUNC's The Story, who said:
— The Story (@thestorywithdg) March 19, 2013
The championship round will be held in early April, and the winner will be announced on April 9.