Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu May 15, 2014
Man Versus Science
Can an NFL running back muster the same force as a running bull? Does a nine-foot python squeeze harder than a martial arts star?
Television host John Brenkus and a team of engineers, physicists and stunt coordinators analyze how professional athletes do what they do on SportScience, an ESPN series. Host Frank Stasio talks to Brenkus about the science of sports and common misconceptions about exceptional athletes.
Watch Brandon Jacbos hit with the force of a running bull: