Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- National Geographic Report, 'Rising Seas: Will The Outer Banks Survive?'
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri April 19, 2013
Man Throws Piano In Truck, Plays All The Way To Costa Rica
Take a pianist, his Baldwin upright piano and a van, and you have Dotan Negrin and his musical quest.
On this edition of The Story, host Dick Gordon tracks him down in front of the Alamo, where he dragged his piano into the public square to play. Dotan is traveling and playing music in New York City, New Orleans, San Antonio, and all the way through Central America to Panama.
Hear the full interview at The Story's website. Also in this show: The story of a trio of sisters who created a small trick to make their mother think they could communicate with spirits; and a 21-hour dive through the underwater caves that connect sinkholes beneath the ground in Florida.