Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- VIDEO: Discovered LIFE Magazine Photos Reveal Curious NC Tradition
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue October 1, 2013
Man, On First Day Working At National Park, Attacked By A Grizzly Bear
Joe Williams was a 20-year-old looking for adventure on his first day working at Glacier National Park when he and a friend spotted a female grizzly bear. Williams got tangled with the bear, getting mauled and fighting back, while his friend was able to run for help. Williams recounts the event to host Dick Gordon in this conversation and explains what the event has come to mean to him in the years since.
Also in this show: On the weekend when the hurricane hit the shore, Mike Petro was in his home in Gulfport, Miss. He survived the storm by riding on the roofs of houses that were swept away by the storm surge; and when Miriam Novogrodsky was 8, her father decided to take the family on the only vacation it ever had: a three-week hitchhiking trip.