Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- National Geographic Report, 'Rising Seas: Will The Outer Banks Survive?'
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu October 11, 2012
The Malign Hand of the Market
The free market is the backbone of the United States economy, but is it as friendly as the experts claim?
John Staddon doesn’t think so. His new book, “The Malign Hand of the Market: The Insidious Forces on Wall Street that are Destroying Financial Markets and What We Can Do About It” (McGraw-Hill/2012), examines how the free market has been subverted. Host Frank Stasio talks about the free market and how it can be fixed with John Staddon, James B. Duke professor of psychology and professor of biology and neurobiology emeritus at Duke University.