Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed February 6, 2013
Making Changes At The Legislature
Republicans are looking to make big changes to how industries like energy, telecommunications and transportation are regulated. First on the agenda: fire most board and committee members and replace them with people hand-picked by Governor McCrory and the legislature.
Also, one of the first bills being considered would block an expansion of Medicaid, a key element in Obamacare. Host Frank Stasio discusses these changes with WUNC Capitol Bureau Chief Jessica Jones; and Rose Hoban, editor of northcarolinahealthnews.org.