Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Legislators Are Changing State Environmental Policy
- VIDEO: Colbert Claims To Be A Tar Heel After Sister Loses SC Congressional Race
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed February 6, 2013
Making Changes At The Legislature
Republicans are looking to make big changes to how industries like energy, telecommunications and transportation are regulated. First on the agenda: fire most board and committee members and replace them with people hand-picked by Governor McCrory and the legislature.
Also, one of the first bills being considered would block an expansion of Medicaid, a key element in Obamacare. Host Frank Stasio discusses these changes with WUNC Capitol Bureau Chief Jessica Jones; and Rose Hoban, editor of northcarolinahealthnews.org.