Most Active Stories
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results In North Carolina
- Public Safety Officials: NC Prison Officers Are Getting More Threats From Prison Gangs
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- 'The Last Barn Dance:' Innovation At A North Carolina Dairy Farm
- Teen Author Explores An Alternate Reality
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed February 6, 2013
Making Changes At The Legislature
Republicans are looking to make big changes to how industries like energy, telecommunications and transportation are regulated. First on the agenda: fire most board and committee members and replace them with people hand-picked by Governor McCrory and the legislature.
Also, one of the first bills being considered would block an expansion of Medicaid, a key element in Obamacare. Host Frank Stasio discusses these changes with WUNC Capitol Bureau Chief Jessica Jones; and Rose Hoban, editor of northcarolinahealthnews.org.