Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue January 8, 2013
Life of a Leaf
When most people look at a leaf, they just see a green thing hanging down. When scientist Steven Vogel looks, he sees a scientific “everyman,” an organism whose functions can help explain science. He uses the leaf as his protagonist in a new book called “The Life of a Leaf” (University of Chicago Press/2012).