Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue January 7, 2014
Lessons From Holocaust Survivors For Today’s Youth
As the years pass since the Nazi Holocaust, fewer and fewer survivors remain to tell their powerful stories.
One North Carolina organization, the Chapel Hill-Durham Holocaust Speakers Bureau, seeks to preserve the important lessons of the Holocaust for future generations. Host Frank Stasio talks with bureau organizer and daughter of two Holocaust survivors, Sharon Halperin, and local Holocaust survivors Renee Fink and Peter Stein.
Click here for more information about the organization.
Click here for more information about the Bureau's film project.