Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu April 5, 2012
The Legacy of Joe Thompson
Joe Thompson was a legendary fiddler, teacher and cultural icon. He passed away earlier this year after bringing new life to old-time string band music for many decades.
Host Frank Stasio talks about his legacy with Iris Thompson Chapman, a documentarian and former English Professor at Elon University; Bob Carlin, a banjo player and folklorist; Glenn Hinson, associate professor of anthropology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; and Wayne Martin, the folklife director of the North Carolina Arts Council.