Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu April 5, 2012
The Legacy of Joe Thompson
Joe Thompson was a legendary fiddler, teacher and cultural icon. He passed away earlier this year after bringing new life to old-time string band music for many decades.
Host Frank Stasio talks about his legacy with Iris Thompson Chapman, a documentarian and former English Professor at Elon University; Bob Carlin, a banjo player and folklorist; Glenn Hinson, associate professor of anthropology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; and Wayne Martin, the folklife director of the North Carolina Arts Council.