Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu February 20, 2014
Laser Show "Swamiji" Puts Modern Spin On Story Of Hindu Monk
If you are going to yoga today, you can thank Swami Vivekananda. The Hindu monk is credited with bringing yoga to the West along with the Indian philosophy of Vedanta.
A laser show, "Swamiji" highlights his life and work at the Duke Energy Center for Performing Arts in Raleigh. Host Frank Stasio talks with Vedantan nun Pravrajika Brahmaprana and show creator Manick Sorcar about Vivekananda's life and lasting influence.