Most Active Stories
- North Carolina Teachers Learn About Undocumented Immigrants Through Remarkable Story
- Teens Help Turn Abandoned North Carolina Prisons Into Farms
- LISTEN: How A Refrigerator Gets Into A Manhole, And Other Raleigh Sewage Secrets
- Global Warming Skeptic Fills Science Seat On Coal Ash Commission In North Carolina
- Take A 3D Virtual Tour Of Proposed Light Rail From Durham To Chapel Hill
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu February 20, 2014
Laser Show "Swamiji" Puts Modern Spin On Story Of Hindu Monk
If you are going to yoga today, you can thank Swami Vivekananda. The Hindu monk is credited with bringing yoga to the West along with the Indian philosophy of Vedanta.
A laser show, "Swamiji" highlights his life and work at the Duke Energy Center for Performing Arts in Raleigh. Host Frank Stasio talks with Vedantan nun Pravrajika Brahmaprana and show creator Manick Sorcar about Vivekananda's life and lasting influence.