Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu February 20, 2014
Laser Show "Swamiji" Puts Modern Spin On Story Of Hindu Monk
If you are going to yoga today, you can thank Swami Vivekananda. The Hindu monk is credited with bringing yoga to the West along with the Indian philosophy of Vedanta.
A laser show, "Swamiji" highlights his life and work at the Duke Energy Center for Performing Arts in Raleigh. Host Frank Stasio talks with Vedantan nun Pravrajika Brahmaprana and show creator Manick Sorcar about Vivekananda's life and lasting influence.