Most Active Stories
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results In North Carolina
- Public Safety Officials: NC Prison Officers Are Getting More Threats From Prison Gangs
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- 'The Last Barn Dance:' Innovation At A North Carolina Dairy Farm
- Teen Author Explores An Alternate Reality
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon June 3, 2013
This Land Is My Land
Except when it isn't.
We check back in with Julia Trigg Crawford who is fighting the TransCanada Corporation as it lays pipe for the XL Pipeline. The digging has begun – in spite of ongoing litigation.
Also in this show, Sandra Steingraber was arrested on Earth Day, and spent 15 days in jail, for protesting against hydraulic fracturing (fracking). After many years in laboratories, and speaking at panels, she felt the time had come to use her body in direct-action protest.
Listen to these stories at TheStory.org