Most Active Stories
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results In North Carolina
- Public Safety Officials: NC Prison Officers Are Getting More Threats From Prison Gangs
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- 'The Last Barn Dance:' Innovation At A North Carolina Dairy Farm
- Teen Author Explores An Alternate Reality
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu March 21, 2013
Kidnapped During Argentina's Dirty War, Writer Tells The Untellable
Alicia Partnoy tells guest host Sean Cole about the Little School, the secret prison in Argentina where she was held in 1977.
The choice of Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires to become pope has brought waves of memories from the period in Argentina called the Dirty War. Citizens protesting the military coup and junta were kidnapped and disappeared. Tens of thousands died and it was only in the past few years that military members were tried.
Now, some in Argentina want the Roman Catholic Church to apologize, and acknowledge that children were kidnapped and their fate has never been known.
To listen to this interview, visit The Story's website. Also in this show: A conversation during a thunderstorm between composer Lois Vierk and producer Jonathan Mitchell.