Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri May 17, 2013
Kenny Roby Uses Country And R&B Influences In New Album
Kenny Roby was raised in South Carolina, but he moved to Raleigh as a young adult and began playing music.
He started with a punk band. From there, he formed the influential Six String Drag, which put out two well received country rock records in the late 90s at the same time Whiskey Town was getting rolling.
He's just released "Memories and Birds," his first solo album in seven years and he's scheduled to play with Solas at Friday night's Back Porch Music concert series in Durham.
WUNC's Eric Hodge talks with Roby about how influences from country and R&B work into his new music.
Back Porch Music