Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed November 6, 2013
June Atkinson On The Fight To Save NC Schools
This week, North Carolina teachers protested funding shortages in the education system by staging walk-ins across the state.
Many were upset by budget cuts that affect instruction for the state’s more than 1.5 million students. Host Frank Stasio talks to North Carolina Superintendent of Public Instruction June Atkinson about the plight facing the state’s K-12 education system.