Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri May 25, 2012
Mark Holland and his twin brother Michael found success in the music industry with the band Jennyanykind. They were signed to a major label in the mid-90s and in 1994, Mark created Jule Brown, a southern blues and rock persona to serve as a solo side-act to Jennyanykind.
His first album garnered great press in the New York Times and Billboard Magazine, and he has continued to release more Jule Brown records since then. The last was titled "Surreal Folk Blues" in 2008. His current 4-piece line-up is recording a new album for release in 2013. They join host Frank Stasio to talk about exploring blues music of the Delta and Chicago for this project and to play live.