Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Around the Nation
Fri November 8, 2013
Joe Biden Congratulates Wrong Marty Walsh
Originally published on Fri November 8, 2013 10:17 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. After Marty Walsh was elected mayor of Boston on Tuesday, Vice President Joe Biden called him up with hearty congratulations: You son of a gun, Marty. You did it. Except this Marty Walsh hadn't. The real mayor-elect was celebrating at a fancy hotel. This Marty Walsh was sitting on the couch watching TV with his wife.
Walsh told the Boston Globe he wasn't surprised at the mix up. We're a dime a dozen in Boston. I probably know eight Marty Walshes. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.