Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu November 15, 2012
With Obamacare in effect, about 32 million citizens will become eligible for healthcare. As it stands now, our healthcare facilities are markedly understaffed.
But every year, the United States issues about 20,000 healthcare visas to workers from around the world. Dr. Kate Tulenko joins host Frank Stasio today to discuss her research and new book “Insourced: How Importing Jobs Impacts the Healthcare Crisis Here and Abroad” (Dartmouth/2012). Kate Tulenko is a physician and the senior director at IntraHealth International.