Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- VIDEO: Colbert Claims To Be A Tar Heel After Sister Loses SC Congressional Race
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu November 15, 2012
With Obamacare in effect, about 32 million citizens will become eligible for healthcare. As it stands now, our healthcare facilities are markedly understaffed.
But every year, the United States issues about 20,000 healthcare visas to workers from around the world. Dr. Kate Tulenko joins host Frank Stasio today to discuss her research and new book “Insourced: How Importing Jobs Impacts the Healthcare Crisis Here and Abroad” (Dartmouth/2012). Kate Tulenko is a physician and the senior director at IntraHealth International.