Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon February 11, 2013
Inheriting The Family Guns - Or Not
INHERITING THE FAMILY GUNS - OR NOT
Guest host Sean Cole goes to see his mother to find out why she did not give him the rifle left to him by his grandfather. He's told he comes from a "family of shooters," but that his mother did not hold onto the gun.
He also speaks with his stepfather, Ed Hacker, about his service in the Korean War and finally gets in touch with Sean Carberry, who works now as NPR’s Kabul correspondent but used to be a record producer with a license to carry a firearm. [Photo: Boys' Drill Rifles, a 1944 Montgomery Ward Catalogue]
TRACKING DOWN AN IDEA
Starlee Kine and Roman Mars from 99% Invisible dig underneath what goes into the germination of an idea. You have no idea - and this an intriguing way to find out.
For audio and more stories visit thestory.org