Most Active Stories
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results In North Carolina
- Public Safety Officials: NC Prison Officers Are Getting More Threats From Prison Gangs
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- 'The Last Barn Dance:' Innovation At A North Carolina Dairy Farm
- Teen Author Explores An Alternate Reality
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon February 11, 2013
Inheriting The Family Guns - Or Not
INHERITING THE FAMILY GUNS - OR NOT
Guest host Sean Cole goes to see his mother to find out why she did not give him the rifle left to him by his grandfather. He's told he comes from a "family of shooters," but that his mother did not hold onto the gun.
He also speaks with his stepfather, Ed Hacker, about his service in the Korean War and finally gets in touch with Sean Carberry, who works now as NPR’s Kabul correspondent but used to be a record producer with a license to carry a firearm. [Photo: Boys' Drill Rifles, a 1944 Montgomery Ward Catalogue]
TRACKING DOWN AN IDEA
Starlee Kine and Roman Mars from 99% Invisible dig underneath what goes into the germination of an idea. You have no idea - and this an intriguing way to find out.
For audio and more stories visit thestory.org